January 20 - January 26, 2013
- On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM., officers were dispatched to the area of Golden Russett Blvd. They were advised by Dispatch; a white vehicle just drove up into a yard and destroyed the mailbox. While en-route to the location, several other residences called in stating the same complaint. An investigation was conducted and Sean Bankston, age 21 of Amherst, was cited for Criminal Damaging, Reckless Operation and Failure to Control. Bankston told officers he was "playing around" since there was snow on the ground, and accidentally hit a mailbox. He denied causing the other damage. He claimed that instead of going to the house and telling the homeowner what happened, he continued "playing around" but was going to go back and tell them later. Approximately 5 mailboxes and 2 trees were destroyed.
- On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at approximately 2:45 PM, Officers were dispatched to a business on Kresge Drive in reference to a female who was caught in the act of stealing several items. An investigation was conducted and Dena Rae Sims, age 45 of Lorain, was charged with Petty Theft.
- On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 7:35 PM, an officer was on patrol in the area of Spring Street and Park Avenue and observed a vehicle being operated with equipment violations. A traffic stop was initiated and an investigation conducted. Rodolfo Perez-Curet, age 34 of Lorain, was cited for No Operator's License, Brake Light and License Plate Light. The vehicle owner, Maribel Gomez, age 39 of Elyria, was cited for Wrongful Entrustment.
- On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 02:13 AM., an officer observed a vehicle operating with an equipment violation on State Route 2 near State Route 58. A traffic stop was initiated and an investigation conducted. The driver Angela Olivo, age 19 of Mayfield Heights, was cited for Driving Under Suspension and License Plate Light. On passenger was found to have an active warrant for drug trafficking. Another passenger was found to have an active felony warrant for drug abuse. The passengers were turned over to the other departments on their warrants.
- On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 11:12 PM., officers were dispatched to a business on Oak Point Rd., reference a suspicious male. The complainant stated the male, who appeared unsteady on his feet, attempted to open the door and was now leaning against the glass. An investigation was conducted and it was learned the male had two warrants through other departments. He was turned over to the other department on their warrant.