May 26 - June 1, 2013
- On Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 01:49 AM., an officer was on patrol downtown when he observed a disturbance, in front of a bar, between a male and a female. An investigation was conducted and it was learned that a female struck her ex-boyfriend several times while outside the bar. Ariel Hill, age 29 of Amherst, was cited for Disorderly Conduct Intoxication.
- On Sunday, May 26, 2013, at 05:42 PM, an officer was on patrol on South Lake St. just south of Beech Cliff Dr. The officer noticed 2 younger male juveniles riding on one bicycle in the middle of the road in a weaving course. One male was on the front handle bars smoking a cigarette. The officer activated his air horn to get their attention and pulled up next to the juveniles. The juvenile operating the bicycle noticed the officer and quickly told the other juvenile to throw down the cigarette he was smoking. The officer advised both juveniles to pull over to the side of the road. While speaking with both juveniles, the officer was able to detect a strong odor of an intoxicating beverage coming from their breath as they spoke. Their eyes were also glassy in appearance and their speech was slurred when speaking. Upon a further investigation both juveniles, age 16 of Amherst and Lorain, were charged with Underage Consumption and Possession of Tobacco. They were later turned over to their mothers at the scene.
- On Monday, May 27, 2013 at approximately 11:00 AM, an officer was dispatched to Church Street and Park Avenue for assistance with an ambulance call. During the Memorial Day parade, a horse participating in the parade became spooked and knocked over a child and possibly stepped on him. It was determined the loud speakers could have spooked the horse. It was determined the child and the juvenile rider of the horse both had only minor injuries including bumps and bruises.
- On Monday, May 27, 2013, at approximately 05:04 PM, an officer met with a teacher from Amherst Steele High School at the Amherst Police Department. The teacher advised that her Apple IPhone had been stolen from her room on Monday, May 20, 2013. An investigation was conducted and a female juvenile, age 15 of Amherst, was cited for Theft.
- On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM, an officer was on patrol in the area of State Route 58 near Kresge Drive when he observed a vehicle being operated with registration violations. A traffic stop was initiated and an investigation conducted. Divante Holt, age 18 of Sheffield Township, was issued a citation for Use of Illegal License Plates and Display of Plates.
- On Friday, May 31, 2013 at 08:54 PM, an officer was dispatched to residences on Milan Avenue in regards to a vehicle that struck a garbage can on North Main. An investigation was conducted and Yolanda Davis, age 56 of Amherst, was charged with Operating a Vehicle Intoxicated, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, Failure to Control and Marked Lanes.
- On Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 4:04 AM, an officer was on patrol in the area of Cooper Foster Park Road near Linn Road when he observed a vehicle being operated with equipment violations. A traffic stop was initiated and an investigation conducted. Roy Hamilton, age 19 of Lorain, was issued a citation for Seat Belt Violation. Darrian Terry, age 23 of Elyria, was issued a citation for Obstructing Official Business.