April 7 - April 13, 2013
- On Sunday, April 07, 2013 at approximately 11:38 am, dispatch advised a man with a knife had just robbed a business on Milan Ave. The suspect was being pursued by an employee and was last seen running northbound across the railroad tracks. The suspect was apprehended by an off duty Amherst Police Sergeant in the field behind a Church on North Lake Street. The suspect, Nicholas R. Thomas, age 25 of Lorain, was transported to the Amherst Police Department and booked in on the charges of Aggravated Robbery and Carrying a Concealed Weapon.
- On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 04:10 pm, officers were dispatched to State Route 2 West of State Route 58 for a motor vehicle accident. An investigation was conducted and Christopher Partyka, age 48 of Lorain, was charged with Operating a Vehicle Intoxicated, BAC over .170%.
- On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at approximately 01:23 pm, officers were dispatched to a business on North Leavitt Road regarding a road rage incident. One party advised a male punched his truck. Another party involved called to report a road rage incident. An investigation was conducted and it was learned one driver slowed to a stop for the yellow traffic light. The driver behind him honked his horn to show his displeasure at the driver for stopping on a yellow light, not red. Both vehicles then entered the area of businesses nearby, where one driver exited his vehicle and punched the other vehicle. After a discussion with both parties, the male agreed to pay for damage caused by punching the vehicle. He was advised if he does not pay for the damage he will be charged with criminal damaging.
- On Wednesday, April 10, 2013, at approximately 01:19 am, an officer observed a driver commit traffic violations on North Leavitt Road and Cooper Foster Park Road. A traffic stop was initiated and an investigation conducted. The passenger, Kevin Terry, age 38 of Lorain, was charged with drug abuse instrument.
- On Saturday, April 13, 2013 at approximately 01:40 pm, officers were dispatched to a business on Oak Point Road for a report of two females screaming at each other at the checkouts causing a disturbance. Prior to arrival, it was reported the incident had become physical. Upon arrival it was observed the two females had been separated by employees and a customer. An investigation was conducted and Erica Woods, age 26 of Amherst, was charged with assault.