March 31 - April 6, 2013
- On Sunday, March 31, 2013, at approximately 02:18am, officers were dispatched to a residence on South Main Street in reference an unknown male attempting to enter the residence. Upon arrival, officers located a male attempting to enter the residence through the side door. Further investigation revealed the male was extremely intoxicated and was unaware where he was or what he was doing. Corey Kidd, age 22 of Wellington, was charged with Disturbing the Peace and Disorderly Conduct Intoxication.
- On Sunday, March 31, 2013, at 2:43am, an officer observed a vehicle exit the city parking lot on Church Street. The vehicle exited through the sidewalk area directly on to Church Street. Once behind the vehicle, the officer also observed it to be weaving within its lane of travel. A traffic stop was initiated and an investigation conducted. After a brief struggle, the male was secured in a cruiser and taken to the police department. Jorge Medina, age 22 of Lorain, was charged with Resisting Arrest, Operating a Vehicle Intoxicated, and Driving in Marked Lanes. Medina continued to refuse officers requests and could not provide a phone number for someone to pick him up. Therefore, he was taken to the Lorain County Jail to await his court appearance.
- On Thursday, April 04, 2013 at 11:55pm, an officer was dispatched to a bar on Church Street for a fight that was occurring outside. An investigation was conducted and Tyler Velasquez, age 21 of Vermilion, was cited for Disorderly Conduct.
- On Friday, April 5, 2013 at 09:38pm, an officer was dispatched to the area of Cooper Foster Park Road and Kresge Drive in regards to a possible intoxicated driver. Upon arrival in the area, the officer located the vehicle in question and observed it weaving within its lane of travel. A traffic stop was initiated and an investigation conducted. The passenger, Amy Neuhoff, age 40 of Vermilion, was arrested and charged with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
- On Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 10:22pm, an officer was at the intersection of Kresge Dr. and Amchester Dr. The officer observed a driver commit a traffic violation. A traffic stop was initiated and an investigation was conducted. Jeannette Bashay, age 36 of Lorain, was charged with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and Expired Driver's License. She was then turned over to another police department on their warrant.
- On Saturday, April 06, 2013, at approximately 11:25pm, officers were dispatched to the area of Church Street and Park Avenue in reference an assault in progress. Upon arrival, multiple people were identified as being involved as well as witnesses. An investigation was conducted and Shaun Freeman, age 21 of Lorain, was charged with Disorderly Conduct Intoxication.